The Scientific research committee (English Department), College of Administration and Humanities conducted a Faculty Development Workshop, “Publication and Citation Rate Improvement” on 20th Oct 2021. The aim of the workshop was to help budding and mid-career researchers to learn effective publishing strategies to achieve the goals of getting their articles published in the appropriate journals to reach the right audience and be communicated clearly to have impact in the field. Publishing a quality paper in highly indexed scientific journals is only halfway towards receiving citation in the near future The remaining journey is grounded on disseminating the publications by the application of the right “Research Tools”, which allow the researchers to increase the research impact and citations for their publications. The intended outcome of the workshop was
- the importance of publishing to build international reputation and establishing international collaborations.
- issues related to ethical conduct in both research and writing.
- strategies to make the writing process more efficient and review the Parts of Research paper
- to improve the chances of the paper to be downloaded and read by others in the field. Of interest.
- strategies to identify the best journal, as well as to improve the suitability of the manuscript for a particular journal.
The speakers shared their experiences along with giving the guidance to the budding researchers. Also highlighting the importance of indigenous research. English language, publication ethics and above all plagiarism.