Welcome to Department of English! We are pleased to welcome you to Department of the English, hoping that you will find what you want to know about the Department, its mission, goals, values and programs. There is no doubt that English is one of the most important languages in today’s world because it is the language of science and technology. It is an essential requirement for all branches of knowledge and the labor market. In this sense, language learning is a key factor in making an individual an active player in the well-being of his/her community and nation. Department of English includes a number of faculty members with expertise in teaching and publishing research. They come from various nationalities and diverse cultures in both sections of the Department: male and female.
The Department seeks to provide an opportunity for students to be well-equipped in an academic and scientific atmosphere that lives up to their expectations and aspirations in line with the university’s goals and the needs of the labor market. The Department also strives to continuously develop its educational curricula to keep abreast of latest developments; its decisions are subject to scientific review and audit in order to reach the highest standards of quality and excellence. Thanks and appreciation to everyone who contributed to the design and development of this website, and welcome to the visitors of Department of English website. I hope they will find useful and enjoyable.
In conclusion, we hope that this website enriches all visitors with useful information about the Department, its programs, staff, and research and cultural activities.
- To equip students with good knowledge and skills to enable them to pursue their postgraduate studies in linguistics, translation, literature, and teaching English as a foreign language.
- To help students to develop their ability to communicate by applying linguistic competence within their community and across cultures keeping their principles and Identity.
- To develop student ability to be self-confident and self-directed in solving problems; and pursue lifelong learning and continuing education.
- To promote the use of technology in the field of language learning and communication skills.
- To cultivate innovative and critical thinking skills.
- To prepare the students to cater for the various fields related to English language in the job market
The Department of English Language/Applied Linguistics seeks to become an academic entity offering distinctive academic quality characterized by elevated intellect, knowledge, and culture, tries to be a nationally distinguished institution of higher education, supporting sustainable development in the region, and helps to advance a knowledge-based society.
Providing high quality educational, research and community services, that leads to mastery in English Language generally, and linguistics, literature, translation, culture in particular, meeting the requirement of the job market and enhancing research skills that serve the community.